Have you ever been passed by an emergency vehicle and wondered where they were going? Have you driven by a motor vehicle accident and wished you could stop to assist? Do you want to give back to your community? If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions, you might be a good fit for our department!
In order to ensure sufficent staffing levels, the Cape Elizabeth Fire-Rescue Department is always accepting applications for employment. Individuals of all experience levels are encouraged to apply. Are you worried that you have no experience? Don’t worry, we will provide you with all of the required training, gear, and more. Please take a moment to review the application process below. If you like what you see, please go ahead and apply!
Step 1: Ensure that you meet all of the requirements.
– Must be at least 18 years of age (except for student members)
– Hold and maintain active State of Maine Driver’s License (except for full-time college students)
– Ability to attend monthly meetings and training as required, usually a total of two nights a month
– Ability to participate in duty coverage as required by specific company (Fire and EMS)
– Check to see if you are within the required response area (see map to the right). In order to ensure prompt response to emergency incidents, department policy requires that members live within a reasonable distance from our town limits. The following map outlines our residency requirement area. Exceptions to this policy can be made by the Chief of the Department.
Step 2: Download and complete an application.
Applications may also be obtained from the Office of the Fire Chief, located at Town Center Station. Additionally, applications are available from the Public Safety Clerk at the Police Station.
Please note that all pages MUST be completed in order to be considered.
Step 3: Submit application by mail or in-person.
Mail applications to:
Cape Elizabeth Fire-Rescue Department
ATTN: Chief Peter Gleeson – Applications
2 Jordan Way
Cape Elizabeth, Maine 04107
Town Center Fire Station (2 Jordan Way) or Cape Elizabeth Police Department (325 Ocean House Road)
Department policy requires that all initial applications bear original signatures upon submission.